What is occurring with the MX100? Refresh needed!

Nick
Head in the Cloud

What is occurring with the MX100? Refresh needed!

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is any word on a refresh for the MX100? Refreshes have come and gone to the MX line across all models yet the MX100 still sits untouched. Its big, pricey loud and slow! Not the most desirable of feature for a security appliance.

The MX67 range are snapping at the heals of the MX84 in terms of performance. The MX100 does not justify the more than double MSRP over the MX84 with such a small performance gap.

The MX250 is also light years ahead of the MX100 in price to throughput. We've been forced to pitch the MX100 a few times to clients and its not a good option for them, they can see it and we're having to justify it.

The MX100 is to my knowledge the oldest box on in the MX lineup with all the models around it being refreshed. Closing the gap significantly to the MX100 performance. Has anyone heard when it will be bumped? Allowing the M84 to be refreshed and bump up to re-introduce clear differences in the line up.

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MX84 also needs a refresh.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Indeed - I meant that to be emphasised more in the post. The 67 is pushing the 84. It feels that the 100 is holding back to 84 as well.

The 84 replacement needs to be above where the 100 currently is and the 100 replacement needs to be approaching half of the performance of the 250 

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Another shout out to say we're pitching and having issues. 

The MX100 doesn't fit the 1GB requirement but the MX250 blows the budget as its over specced

So other vendors are getting a look into the firewall / routing section of the pitch 😞 as we are way over priced.

DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

The MX10O was released in 2014, so it is a 6 year old design.  The MX84 looks like it was released in 2017, so it is half the age.

There is an arms race coming between traditional ISPs and Wireless carriers using 5G.  This has the potential to drop pricing and raise speeds.  I hope Meraki is not caught flat footed when 1gb becomes an affordable standard for small businesses.

Dave Anderson
Nick
Head in the Cloud

Time flies! They have both seen there day though, more so the MX100

We are already seeing this in the UK. 1GB connections are becoming standard, especially with government schemes etc

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels