Unable to deploy vMX/vMX is not coming up in Meraki Dashboard

SOLVED
VAdmin
Here to help

Unable to deploy vMX/vMX is not coming up in Meraki Dashboard

Hi Team,

Just wondering if people are aware of this. We tried to deploy a vMX in AWS using the Auth token from the dashboard.

The traffic passing fine through the upstream firewall in AWS but vMX is not getting registered to the Meraki Cloud.

Its giving the message "This security appliance is not connected to the Cisco Meraki Cloud.

Make sure you can send outgoing traffic to TCP port 7734 through your firewall"
All though can see traffic is not blocking in Firewall on TCP Port 7734.

Raised a case with Meraki and here is the update from TAC

"This appears to be a known issue and our development team are investigating this. Once I receive an update from our development team, I will send a response to this case. Currently, no ETA has been provided at this time."

Is anyone aware of this and if so any idea Why?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VAdmin
Here to help

Hi Team,

We were trying to Deploy Meraki vMX-L for which the instance type used in AWS is c5.xlarge. Then it worked.

If we use instance type as c5.large for vMX-L it won't work.

This resolved my problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have seen this a couple of times with physical devices but the error clears after a little while

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@VAdmin : Check if this post helps you 

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Cannot-get-a-vMX-alive-in-AWS/m-p/81642 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
VAdmin
Here to help

Hi Team,

Just requested our team to perform reboot of the instance as TAC has done some backend changes and requested us to check if the issue is fixed.

jean-klv
Conversationalist

was this resolved for you?

Not yet we were suspecting some access related issue on the upstream firewall and team has allowed Full Access in the Firewall both inbound/outbound. Still we are seeing the error in the local status page as 

"Internet
This security appliance is connected to the Internet.
Cisco Meraki cloud
This security appliance is not connected to the Cisco Meraki cloud.
Make sure you can send outgoing traffic to TCP port 7734 through your firewall."

I tried to deploy vMX in my own aws account and try registering it using the Auth Token with full inbound/outbound access still it didn't work today.

I strongly suspect it has something to do with Meraki Team.

In AWS AMI while selecting the vMX AMI its version is 15.41.0 but in Meraki Dashboard while creating the new network using vMX its showing the version 15.44. Does version has anything to do with the registration problem?

Did anyone has deployed vMX recently in AWS and faced such issues in this week?

VAdmin
Here to help

Hi Team,

We were trying to Deploy Meraki vMX-L for which the instance type used in AWS is c5.xlarge. Then it worked.

If we use instance type as c5.large for vMX-L it won't work.

This resolved my problem.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.