Track Clients with regards to their usage to Internet

Geek123
New here

Track Clients with regards to their usage to Internet

Hi, 

Is there an easy way to track a clients' usage I mean the very detailed usage excluding his/her usage in the LAN. For example, how many times they logged in to gmail, what did they watch on Youtube and how for how long were the active on Facebook. The client page with Detailed Analysis turned on does not fulfill those needs. Any suggestions?  

4 REPLIES 4
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

I assume this won´t work... Believe you can´t get that many details. 

Wouldnßt even be allowed over here in Germany, because of the law.

Only thing you can see is what you already did and can also see how long they have been on FB / YT for example, within the Client Page - Application, details

Thanks @MarcP I know that, though there are employers who will ask you to track these things. But these other firewalls that let you do those things. I don't know why Meraki doesn't let you do some very basic things? 

Imo, those aren't "basic things" and apart from that also simply illegal in most places in the world. You might be able to leverage netflow with 3d party tools.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Monitoring_and_Reporting/NetFlow_Overview

Too much traffic is HTTPS these days, and IMO doing SSL decrypt is dirty, inefficient, and just plain wrong. 

If you really need this kind of information then you need an endpoint solution, not a network solution. Something like Crowdstrike can do this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels