Splash Pages not working properly

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Splash Pages not working properly

I have an MX unit setup to require everyone to login every 12 hours i.e. splash page pop up. What I have noticed is that it seems a little bit broken.

Google.com, Facebook, Apple, AirNZ pages all contiune to work without the splash plage coming up.

Crashplan, local news site, banking website all require me to login.

The Apple and AirNZ pages are not cached in my browsers history as I hardly every visit them, I have even tried another browser....

In short it doesn't seem like the enforcement of the requirement to login is working that well... 

3 REPLIES 3
Drew
Conversationalist

Under Access Control, what is your Captive Portal strength set to?  Also, are any of those websites you mentioned in the walled garden by chance?

MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

As Drew mentioned above, I'd assume that these domain names/IP's are resolving to addresses within the Walled Garden Ranges (Wireless>Access Control>SSID).

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Hey sorry for the late reply, walled garden is disabled however Captive portal strength wasn't set to block all so I will see if that makes a difference, maybe it was allowing HTTPS traffic but blocking HTTP I didn't actually check that.

I'll post an update when I know more.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels