Routing traffic (to internet, for specific subnets) from MX1 over auto-vpn tunnel to MX2

Solved
rabusiak
Getting noticed

Routing traffic (to internet, for specific subnets) from MX1 over auto-vpn tunnel to MX2

I need some help in figuring out how to configure routing like in title 🙂

Environment:
I have vMX Medium (hub) deployed in Azure. VMX is connected with my MX105 (also hub) in HQ with AutoVPN.
Other branch offices are also connected with AutoVPN (spokes).
I have configured ClientVPN on vMX.

We have important web application used around the world. It contains sensitive data.
Depending on geolocation dns name can resolve to specific subnets A.A.A.A/24, B.B.B.B/24 or C.C.C.C/24
App is configured to allow connections only from HQ external ip range X.X.X.X/27.

Users from branch offices and VPN clients should also have access to this application. I would like to route their traffic to app subnets over AutoVPN tunnel to MX in HQ and then to internet. In short, for specific subnets I would like MX in HQ to be default gateway for other auto vpn peers 🙂

How can this be achieved since on vMX I cannot create static routes? I don't want to route all traffic to HQ (configure vMX as spoke and set "IPv4 default route" to be HQ peer (hub). I tried to create vpn enabled static routes in HQ's MX pointing to one of local MX ips as a next hop but it doesn't work. Traffic is looping and doesn't reach the target. If as next hop I point other router in HQ (sophos) all is working.

1 Accepted Solution
rabusiak
Getting noticed

If someone is looking for an answer here it is: not possible 😕
Had a session with support and this is not supported.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
rabusiak
Getting noticed

If someone is looking for an answer here it is: not possible 😕
Had a session with support and this is not supported.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.