Meraki in ISP space

route_map
Building a reputation

Meraki in ISP space

hi Team

Just curious if any of you have experience with Meraki in the ISP space, i know its a vague question/query.

Does the ISP focus onsupplieng MX to its end customers or full stack

What is the competition in that space, and in the SD-WAN space

What are the common objection from the ISP itself and its Customers

what value does Meraki bring to the ISP? how is it making the ISP more money or giving value to the ISP

you can add your own questions and thoughts, 

MSP vs ISP? your thoughts

4 Replies 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just two things that spontaneously came to my mind:

1) I guess Meraki is simply too expensive for an ISP to hand out to their (end) customers. Especially regarding the fact that the lower end boxes are not able to cope with current circuits (in many countries)

2) Depending on using Meraki MX in the managed SD-WAN space, there are at least two things that are real showstoppers for many environments: 1. Lack of IPv6 support, 2. No possibility for VRFs

On the other hand, there are quite a few MSPs in here, so something e.g. centralized and simplified management has to make Meraki a good choice for them. Guess one or two will chime in here 🙂

There are ISP's who offer Meraki... The one I work for is a partner. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In my part of the world, I haven't seen ISPs taking it up.  Only MSPs.

There are some larger companies which have an ISP and an MSP, and the MSP arm is taking it up.

ISPs seem to be mostly focused on providing access.  Adding layers on top seems an obvious way to drive higher value revenue.

Tom_Shelton
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @route_map 

A number of MSP/ISPs over the world offer Meraki as a solution, 99.9% of the time as a managed service. This can either be driven by a customer requirement for something like SD-WAN, or from a management simplicity aspect.

In terms of benefits, from speaking to my partners who role out this as a managed service for customers, it's the ease of deployment, visibility and the ability to be more agile and proactive. One example of the latter is using some of the intelligence offered by the platform such as Meraki Insight. This allows the individuals managing the estate to get really granular stats around how the underlay network is performing and if there are problems accessing specific applications/resources along with many other things.

Hope that helps a little!

Tom

Technical Solutions Architect, Meraki
CCIE #67185
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels