MX64W: Traffic Shaping SSIDs??

Cswcu48
Here to help

MX64W: Traffic Shaping SSIDs??

Hello,

I recently bought an MX64W and 2 Meraki Cameras for my wives business.  Everything is going great!  However, I am running into issues with the SSIDs.  I want one SSID for production and one guest SSID.  I want to deidcate 150 Mbps to Production and 50 Mbps to the guest wireless network but can't figure out where or how to do it.  Everything seems different for what I read and what I see on my dashboard.  Does anyone have any advice on how to do this for the MX64W?  Any help would be appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could possibly use 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Traffic_Shaping_a_Local_Subnet_or_H... to get an idea.

Possibly somebody else will have a better / easier solution though.

Thanks for this.  So I can only traffic shape subnets it seems.  I'm on a flat network and IPs are handing stuff out via DHCP.  I also have Cameras on this network that need a larger feed.  Do I need to isolate my cameras t another subnet outside of the traffic shaped iP range or something?

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you reading for wireless but the mx wireless works different.

Use the IP's or IP range localnet:1.2.3.4/24 from your guest as match and shape it to your desired rate.

this is a per session limit (not per ssid) but still better then nothing.

Cswcu48
Here to help

@ww wrote:

you reading for wireless but the mx wireless works different.

Use the IP's or IP range localnet:1.2.3.4/24 from your guest as match and shape it to your desired rate.

this is a per session limit (not per ssid) but still better then nothing.

Thanks.  Are you saying to put my guest wireless network on an isolated range and then create traffic shaping for that particular subnet.  I do have some sort of speed enable feature checked where a single person can't use over 50 Mbps.  But that is for the entire network and I'm not sure how effective it is.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Spending money is probably a dirty word - but the dedicated MR's (such as the MR33) are far more sophistocated in this area.

Yeah, I don't really want to spend more money. I guess I will have to make do?
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels