MX appliance support any type of VPN or tunneling Multipoint (DMVP, FlexVPN or mGRE)?

AdanC
Here to help

MX appliance support any type of VPN or tunneling Multipoint (DMVP, FlexVPN or mGRE)?

Hi people,

I have a one question, ¿ Some MX model suppor any mode of VPN multipoint?.

Thx alot for your answers.

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes.  It is called AutoVPN and is supported by all MX models.

https://meraki.cisco.com/technologies/auto-vpn

PhilipDAth, thx for you answer, but autoVPN only work between MX appliances, then, it would be fine between a 100% meraki architecture, but I was referring to whether Meraki is capable of performing multipoint dynamic VPN between meraki devices and not meraki

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki implementation only works with Meraki.  It wont do multi-point VPN with anything else.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Interesting... I suspect that AutoVPN is not actually a multipoint tunnel on a given hub, but there's actually no way to know for sure, and it behaves like it is so it's questionable if it really matters.

I think the same, may autoVPN is not Multipoint, but if it's really important when you have an architecture not 100% meraki

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Right, so in the case of VPN to Non-Meraki you can only do "Non-Meraki" VPN. That's not PtMP, and it only supports basic IPsec "stuff". There's no DMVPN or GETVPN or anything else of the sorts. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels