LIC-MX65W-SEC-1YR Coterm

PJEUGENIO
New here

LIC-MX65W-SEC-1YR Coterm

Hi All,

Currently, 94 License Limit, 94 Device Count. License Expiration on Jan.21,2022. License Model. Co-Termination.

My client would have wanted to renew the licenses and have June 30, 2022 End Date. Because they wanted renewal will be every end-June yearly. So to effect the co-termination of June 30, 2020, how many LIC-MX65W-SEC-1YR I need to purchase for this renewal?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Trying to ‘select’ a date for co-termination in the co-termination licensing model is almost (if not actually) impossible. You can’t just add one year licenses as you’ll actually increase your device count, not just extend/reduce the existing licenses. And when you do a renewal you renew all devices at once for a given period, normally a multiple of whole years.

The only way you may be able to do it is if you have a very nice Meraki AM when you do your renewal. Even then if you do get the co-term date you want, the minute you add another device to the organisation it will change again.

If your customer really wants a known renewal date then they need to move to the ‘per device licensing model’. In that model each license is assigned to a specific device, and you can purchase 1-day licenses to shift the renewal date for that device. That way you can purchase the exact number of days to get the renewal date you want.

See her for more information, https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi...

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PJEUGENIO If you have 94 MX65W devices all currently ending on Jan.21,2022 then each 1 year license added would add 365/94 days in theory.  However as you cannot buy a license for less than a year then that option will not work.

If the client really wants a Jun.30 license annual renewal then you could potentially buy a mix of 1 year and multi year licenses to get the renewal to Jun.30,2023, though I am not 100% certain that you can do this on one renewal.  If you can then I'd buy three 10 year licenses (as you get 5 free), one 7 year license and 84 1 year licenses.  That should pretty much get you there.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels