How many site-to-site vpn can be configured with Advanced Security licensing?

Erick_bios_234
Conversationalist

How many site-to-site vpn can be configured with Advanced Security licensing?

Hi all

I currently have an MX64 with advanced security licensing, however my question is, how many Site-to-Site VPNs can I create?.... 

I have also been looking for certain information, but nevertheless I have not been successful, if someone were kind enough to answer me the following question:

Inside the dashboard, in which section can I view logs of the policies created within the MX?... (such asa blocking of policy), as it can be for example: Within my access-lists of my NAT policy or content filtering, can you see logs of those denials?

Regards!

4 REPLIES 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

The guide that @CptnCrnch provided should give you all the sizing information you need.

For logging you will get some events logged into the event log for the network, Network-wide -> Event log, and right at the top (next to the Event Log title) you can use the drop-down to select events for security appliances. This will give you a certain level of detail, such as content filtering blocks, IPS updates and events.

If you want more detail then you’ll need to set up a syslog server and configure the network to use that, Network-wide -> General then scroll down to reporting. When you configure the syslog server you can select what to send to it. I believe selecting Flows (but could be URLs, or Security Events) will provide a bit more detail as to which firewall rules are being hit in the Syslog messages, but you’ll also need to turn on logging on the firewall rules too - which only becomes an option once you’ve configured the Syslog server for the network.

tanks!! for the info

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Erick_bios_234 - as @CptnCrnch has pointed out - using the MX sizing guidelines as the number of VPN's is box dependant.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels