Firmware 15.x

DuaneP
Conversationalist

Firmware 15.x

Anyone have any idea when ver 15 will be released? I am trying to link my MX250 to Azure with no luck because of no support from Meraki of IKEV2... 😞 

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DuaneP we have used 15.x across our ~30 MXs since summer 2019 and have had a reliable and stable network.  We do have MX250s deployed as VPN concentrators as part of that setup and have had full support from Meraki with any queries we have had.

I'd call that released.

With Meraki unless a certain percentage of customers deploy a new train it stays in 'beta' unless they wish to discontinue support for the prior train.  I'm guessing that most people have stuck with 14.x so 15.x remains in 'beta'.

The only caveat is that there are regular new point releases, so if you don't have HA pairs you will need to have downtime windows for the 2-3 minute reboot.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I run v15 on all my own and some customers devices. But not the critical ones. Up to now I have the same experience as cmr, it is quite stable.

The real problem with this stable/beta-approach is that costumers that do not want to run beta-releases probably have to wait another five years for AnyConnect (yes, Support for AnyConnect was anounced at CLUS 2015).

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @DuaneP , Version 15.x is out in the wild. We have this running across multiple customer sites and have VPNs up and running using IKEV2

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My personal guess - 15.x will become the new "stable" release in the first three months of 2021, and 16.x will become the new beta.

Just a guess.

I have been running 15x on my network and most of my clients as well.  I am finding that it is quite stable.

Dave Anderson

Same here: 15.x has been very solid for over a year now. I'm recommending this to customers too who are very happy with it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels