Deploy Meraki VMX100 on public cloud (NON Microsoft & Non AWS)

HanyAdel
Just browsing

Deploy Meraki VMX100 on public cloud (NON Microsoft & Non AWS)

Hi, 

I have a customer the host his application on non common public cloud provider (neither microsoft nor AWS) , he has about 10 branches , my aim to deply MX68CW @ each site , and Vmx100 on the cloud provider , is there any restriction to deploy the Vmx on any cloud provider except Microsoft and azure , and what is the required license in this case.

BR;

5 REPLIES 5
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

At the moment, the vMX100 cannot be deployed in any other cloud platform except AWS and Azure. 

Thanks,

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

Thanks for your reply , but can I ask the provider to buy MX100 for example to be deployed at his end to be able to implement the SD-WAN

Hi, it basically depends on the customer's requirement because you can use the existing MX68CWs for SD-WAN solution without buying MX100. Each of the MXes models has different capacities in terms of the number of users, routes, VPNs...etc that it can handle so it mainly the deciding factory if you need to upgrade or use an MX100.

Here is the link to Meraki MX products, 

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_mx.pdf

hope this helps>

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

I mean is it applicable for asking the cloud provider "non Microsoft and non AWS" to install Meraki MX hardware on the cloud as an alternative solution for the virtual MX as it isn't supported yet on his cloud ?
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would ask the cloud provider if you can buy telehousing from them.  You only need 1RU.  If they say yes then buy an MX100 yourself and host it in their environment.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels