Delete a VMX out of Azure

SOLVED
ronnieshih75
Getting noticed

Delete a VMX out of Azure

We are moving to the Azure Route Server solution and need to remove 2 VMX appliances setup out of Azure, however, I noticed that Meraki backend placed a "Deny All Principle" on the both VMX appliances so nobody can delete it.  I already called Cisco support and it's useless like always, the guy just pointed finger to Azure...... but Azure did not place the Deny All Principle permission on these VMX appliances, it was done by the initial Meraki VMX deployment.  I cannot delete them via the Azure resource groups either.

Advices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had to resort to Reddit to find the answer.  Cisco support was NO help.  Deleting the managed application did it.  Deleting the resource group was denied also.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Delete the resource group.

Or it might be you have to delete the "managed application".  Can't quite remember.  One of those two options.

I had to resort to Reddit to find the answer.  Cisco support was NO help.  Deleting the managed application did it.  Deleting the resource group was denied also.

Really appreciate this! I was beating my head against a wall

NicolaG
Conversationalist

We went through the same pain, after discovering the hard-way (at licenses renewal) that we were obliged to upgrade a vMX-100 to a vMX-M (which on Azure are equivalent, after Meraki doc) and when asked for support we were also bounced back to Azure support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.