Azure vMX's getting Errors with Meraki's new IP block

Solved
NordOps
Getting noticed

Azure vMX's getting Errors with Meraki's new IP block

I am sorry if this has been posted before, we're seeing this error on multiple Azure vMX's, multiple regions.  I've checked and there are no outbound firewall rules applied.  I am not sure 100% how these tests are performed but is anyone else seeing the same issue?  I'd like to make sure the vMX's we manage aren't going to be impacted by back end changes but I am not sure what else to try on the Azure side if it is as Cisco says a Azure issue.

This is the error on the dash:
Our automated tests show that you have one or more Meraki devices unable to reach our platform on IP address ranges 216.157.128.0/20 and 158.115.128.0/19. After January 28, 2023 our platform may begin using these address ranges for connectivity. Some of your devices will have a degraded experience after this time, unless upstream firewall rules are changed. You can view devices that are failing connectivity tests in the “Firewall Test Failures” section on the Firewall info page. For more information, please review our documentation.

Last update on a Support case says that , "Upon further investigation, I have pushed the case over to our development team as the vMX is displaying unexpected behavior. However, production should not be hindered by the issue at hand. Functionality should remain consistent and unbothered. As of now, we have an internal case between me and our development team. Once we have a solution, this will be pushed and you will be alerted. If you have any further questions please reach out!"  The Case number is 09135628

I am not sure if that means the testing won't impact the vMX but there are still issues or if it's just a false positive (this test and alert) so would like to check with the community if others are seeing that on their Azure vMX's?

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This will be a false positive.

I have a lot of clients getting this incorrectly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This will be a false positive.

I have a lot of clients getting this incorrectly.

NordOps
Getting noticed

Thank you @PhilipDAth, really appreciate the response.  I thought so too but it's always good to see if others are seeing the same thing!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.