Azure VX100 upgrade to Azure VMX

Sharyn
Here to help

Azure VX100 upgrade to Azure VMX

Hi.
Meraki has informed us that we have to swap out the current VMX-100 with a new VMX image. The current virtual Meraki has many route tables assigned, using the current private IP and several site tunnels using the public IP.

My question is, is there a way to shut down the old Meraki and assign its IPs to the new one so I don't have to redo tunnels and route tables due to IP address changes? The old one has dynamic addresses for both public and private. I want to take those dynamic IPs, change them to static and configure them on the new Meraki image.

Thanks in advance
Sharyn

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You will 100% lose the public IP address.

You might be able to keep the private IP address.  Just my random experience that Azure often re-allocates the same private IP address after you delete a VM and then re-deploy again.

What if I were to reserve both the public and private IP for the old meraki that I'm replacing. Then I stand up the new one, turn the old one off, disassociate the ips from the old one and assign them to the new one. Will that work? I understand traffic will be temporarily halted between meraki changes but this will be done in the middle of the nite so shouldnt have a problem as far as traffic goes

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't believe you can do that.  You can not change the IP association with the VMX in Azure.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.