Anyone seen wi-fi just not connect

NFL0NR
Getting noticed

Anyone seen wi-fi just not connect

and you end up having to disable the SSID, and recreate it on another instance?

We had a branch office yesterday that couldn't connect to guest.. I checked the corp wifi and they could connect to that.. so I disabled the guest SSID.. went to the 3rd instance for SSID and recreated it and they were able to connect fine..   

This isn't the first time we've run into this issue that's why i'm checking to see if others have had this problem. 

5 Replies 5
MerakiJockey505
Building a reputation

I had a similar case with a guest network.  Not sure why it didn't connect.  I rebooted the WAPs and it seemed to work again.  Frequency bounce issue maybe?

Yeah this was on an MX65W and we did reboot it.. but it didn't resolve their issue... 

MerakiJockey505
Building a reputation

I've had to roll back beta firmware on the MX65w's before to get them to perform properly, do you know which version you were running?

BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

@NFL0NR wrote:

and you end up having to disable the SSID, and recreate it on another instance?

We had a branch office yesterday that couldn't connect to guest.. I checked the corp wifi and they could connect to that.. so I disabled the guest SSID.. went to the 3rd instance for SSID and recreated it and they were able to connect fine..   

This isn't the first time we've run into this issue that's why i'm checking to see if others have had this problem. 

Was it for all devices, or just a specific type? We've had instances where I can be standing in front of an AP, with our test equipment - an Android phone, an iOS phone, and a Windows laptop. 2/3 will connect without an issue, guess which one will see the full signal strength and refuse to connect?

I haven't been able to track down why, other than poor network stack in iOS. Rebooting the phone, forgetting/re-joining the network, doing a rain dance, one of them usually seems to work to get the stupid iPhone to connect.

BHC Resorts IT Department
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels