AnyConnect VPN on MX is here!?! Oh my!

Paul_H
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

AnyConnect VPN on MX is here!?! Oh my!

With the recent release of public MX16 beta firmware AnyConnect is supported as a client VPN on the MX!

AnyConnect VPN

AnyConnect VPN adds support for remote access (Client VPN) connections using the TLS protocol formerly known as SSL. This feature puts an end to the long wait for the support of a VPN Client software on the MX. 

DashboardDunce_0-1615421077975.png

This feature also provides additional functionality and flexibility to Client VPN on the MX Appliance compared to the L2TP/IPsec Client VPN implementation. E.g. Split tunneling, Certificate-based authentication, Group policy assignment, etc. 

For a LOT more info... more than I have time to post here... visit our documentation page for some lovely Wednesday night reading!

https://documentation.meraki.com/Meraki_Internal/Draft_Articles/AnyConnect_on_MX_Security_Appliance 

Cheers!

EDIT: *Not yet supported on MX64/65/z

6 REPLIES 6
CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

I upgraded my MX64 to 16.4   and I know it says in the release notes  that MX64 support is still in development but all the AnyConnect Settings  are there for my MX64.

I setup and it does not work.  Does the GUI show even though it is not supported yet ??

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have all the settings available for an MX65 that was upgraded to 16.4, but I suspect it is like the DHCP server settings that you can set for the MS210 switches, but then fail.

Paul_H
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@cmr @CharlieCrackle 
Sorry Friends! ...should have put the caveat out there... 😕 

**Not yet supported on MX64/65/z

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

any update on MX64 Support just upgraded to latest firmware and still does not work.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Paul_H wrote:

@cmr @CharlieCrackle 
Sorry Friends! ...should have put the caveat out there... 😕 

**Not yet supported on MX64/65/z

There is a "1" missing after the "z". It runs fine on my Z3.

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Upgraded to the new 16.7  Still no any connect on  MX64  and I noticed all the dashboard config has gone now too.

I hope we are getting any connect on MX64 still.   Announce here when MX64 supported.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels