Ability to Add a Wireless LTE Router to Z3 LAN Port for Cellular Failover?

johnnyngena
Getting noticed

Ability to Add a Wireless LTE Router to Z3 LAN Port for Cellular Failover?

On a Z3, can I use one of it's LAN ports to connect a wireless LTE router for cellular failover?  Or can we convert a LAN port to WAN port to connect the wireless LET router for cellular failover? 

6 REPLIES 6
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Sadly, no to both those questions. 

Thanks jdsilva.  I'm assuming it's the same limitation for the MX64x and MX67's, having 1xGB WAN port each.  I will have to go to a MX68 to get the 2xGB, RJ45 WAN ports, and use the second interface to connect the external cellular modem for failover.  Appreciate your support on this!

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Nope! That's not true for the MX64/67 and MX100. On those models you can convert a LAN port to become a 2nd WAN port. But it's always one specific port for each model.

That's great.  Even better.  Where can I find documentation on converting them from LAN to WAN?  

Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

You can perform this change using the Local Status page!

Let me show you a usefull guide!

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/MX_Load_Balancing_and_Flow_Preferen...

Regards!!

Johnny Fernandez
Network & Security Engineer
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA

Friends, on the Z3C LTE backup, if there's no LTE coverage, can we configure the USB for 4G coverage instead? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels