"digital" PTZ

Solved
loftmyndCH
Here to help

"digital" PTZ

Hi all! I have a little question. I can understand the reasons why Meraki doesn't build a PTZ camera. But it would help me a lot if I could display a section of a camera on the video wall and not just select the whole camera. Is that already possible, or am I missing something? Is there a roadmap for that? That would be great. Then I could let the MV32 see one to the left and the other to the right. Thank you!
1 Accepted Solution
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@loftmyndCH  You're not missing something, that feature is not there yet, so for now you can only get the 360-degree hemispherical view of an MV32 on the video wall.  The MV32 is relatively new and new features will be coming, and so far it's a common ask to be able to view a dewarped 16:9 section of your choosing to display on the video wall.  Sorry I don't have any roadmap timelines to share, but know that such a feature is in the queue, and hopefully coming within the next few firmware releases, stay tuned!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Haven't tested the new MV32 but I do not believe it would do that "yet". Meraki I think usually thinks in a way that if their cameras cover a wide area and it's HD there would be no need for PTZ.  

Enthusiast

Can I view multiple angles from a single MV32 in a video wall?

Currently video from the MV32 can be viewed in the video wall in a zoomed out, hemispherical format. Specific, zoomed in areas of the camera stream will become configurable and viewable from the video wall in future updates.

Source:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/MV_Smart_Camera_FAQ#Can_I_view_multiple_angles_from_a_single_MV3...

Thanks @BrechtSchamp wasn't too sure this could be done as I haven't gotten to play with the MV32. 

Enthusiast
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@loftmyndCH  You're not missing something, that feature is not there yet, so for now you can only get the 360-degree hemispherical view of an MV32 on the video wall.  The MV32 is relatively new and new features will be coming, and so far it's a common ask to be able to view a dewarped 16:9 section of your choosing to display on the video wall.  Sorry I don't have any roadmap timelines to share, but know that such a feature is in the queue, and hopefully coming within the next few firmware releases, stay tuned!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.