Weapon Detection - Interesting Read

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Weapon Detection - Interesting Read

Stumbled across this LinkedIn post.

"Using Cisco Meraki MV72 cameras, AWS Rekognition, and a python script, I was able to immediately detect both a "gun" and a "weapon."

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ugcPost-6575006323803471872-DN5K

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
6 REPLIES 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The word "weapon" is a bit vague, that could mean a firearm, sword, knife, baseball bat etc.....

I think in this example its 'gun' however still neato-bandito and just goes to show what capabilities you can achieve if you mix in some outside tech (non-meraki) like AWS Rekognition or whatever its called. 😃
TwitterLinkedIn

>The word "weapon" is a bit vague, that could mean a firearm, sword, knife, baseball bat etc.....

It recognises objects being used in a threatening manner.  So it is behaviour based.  That is why it is vague.

A pen might not be considered an assault weapon normally - unless you starting lunging with it towards a person.

If it's detecting objects being used in a threatening manner I would also want to see a video showing something other than a gun. Going one step further, if the scripts could detect *any object*, then the reality is we don't need to detect the object but the behavior itself since the object (assuming there is one) is not of importance.

Acragan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@NolanHerring do you have the link you can share?The Linkedin post is not working 😕

I don't see it anymore either =(

I can't seem to find another link
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.