cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video wall on mobile app

Conversationalist

Video wall on mobile app

Any info in roadmap on adding video wall support to the mobile app?

8 REPLIES 8
Meraki Employee

Re: Video wall on mobile app

@TomislavComtel not that I am aware of at this time.  I will check if there's a feature request in the system for it.  I could see the benefit of perhaps a 2 camera video wall for a left-right split on the mobile app, but beyond that It may not be usable, or might become a visual acuity test 🙂   What I'm thinking (for the mobile app, smaller screens) is maybe a feature to view one camera at a time in a video wall fashion and just use rotation, as opposed to dividing up an already small screen.  Anyway, nothing under development or on the roadmap that I'm aware, and the mobile app is a separate team, not any one specific product team.  Hope that helps.  I'll report back if I get an update. 

Conversationalist

@MerakiDave
Thank you for the info.
Considering new phone displays are not that small, 2 camera view is definitly usable and 4 camera wall is on bigger screens.
What might be good would be a 1 main and rest "clickable" on the side to swap to, similar to webex video interface.
Browsing through a 4 camera system takes a while in the current app.
Meraki Employee

Today the mobile app doesn't support the video wall, but we are looking at it for future updates. However, we have optimized dashboard for videowall use in mobile browsers and I find it works really well.

Screenshot_20190416-090451.jpg

Kind of a big deal

@GeorgeB regarding that. On the last fair my company was on we had booths with iPads (Sentry WiFi ftw) on which I demoed Meraki. I noticed that the click and drag function needed for motion search wasn't working on it, I was limited to selecting one square. Thought I'd let you know.

A model citizen

@GeorgeB Thanks - with a mobile browser we will still be logged out automatically?

All of our clients with MV devices want to use iPads mounted to the walls to view the camera streams. The mobile app doesn't accommodate this and the mobile browser logs them out after a period. 

Any thoughts or information on when the mobile app will get some desperately needed love?

Meraki Employee

We are looking at mobile app improvements for MV, but at this time I don't have any updates to share. It is high on our priority list, but we want to make sure we do it right and that takes time.

A model citizen

Thanks @GeorgeB for coming back to me - good to know something is in the works!

Highlighted
nuo
Getting noticed

Some iPads / Tablets have nice large screens

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.