cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verkada Cameras

Here to help

Verkada Cameras

I just ran into a POV demo at Fastenal; The Cameras and dashboard look to be a complete copy of Meraki Cameras AND Dashboard. 

www.verkada.com

Also they are so bold that they put a use case study up as well. Network team just found out about it as well.

https://www.verkada.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/fastenal-verkada-retail-case-study.pdf

Looks like a copy to me what do you guys think?

8 REPLIES
Here to help

Re: Verkada Cameras

I just started seeing a number of ads for them in various places, wanted to check them out to see what they are offering. They must have just kicked off a marketing campaign.

Getting noticed

Also recruiting Meraki employees in SF apparently. Thanks for sharing.

Here to help

That would because the original founders of Meraki started Verkada.  Also the original engineer of Meraki's camera is over there also.

Highlighted
Meraki Employee OG
Meraki Employee

*One of the three founders

Meraki Employee

This is news to me, considering the 'original' engineers sit right next to me. I guess I better check tomorrow morning to make sure they are still there, they were there a few hours ago Smiley Happy

Here to help

@GeorgeB Maybe just there in spirit 

QuickSilver_Cardboard_preview1.jpg 

Meraki Employee OG
Meraki Employee

Just another sign that the video surveillance industry is ripe for disruption. Meraki's cloud-managed wireless solution was once on the fringe, but look now.  Cloud-controllers are more or less mainstream.  The MR33 was the top selling AP on the market in 2017. 

What will happen with video surveillance?  We think dependence on NVR's will wane. Naturally, there will be other entrants in this new cloud-based segment but our expertise in cloud-based networking will give us a leg up.

Getting noticed

Did you find them? Smiley Happy