Setting locations for camers

JMLOSD
Here to help

Setting locations for camers

I have multiple cameras at a location and I want to set the location for those cameras. Is there a way for me to set the location for those cameras all at once or will I have to go to each individual camera and set the location that way?

5 REPLIES 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JMLOSD  One at a time as far as I know. You can set them using an address to begin with and then drag them to the exact location.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are probably going to want to load in a floor plan, so you'll be wanting to drag each camera one at a time to the correct location on the floor plan.

EJN
A model citizen

I didn't upload a floor plan. I use the satellite view in the map. First, I paste the address in the Network tab. Then I fine-tune the location on the map. I installed 3-5 cameras each day (total 100), and for each camera I went in and did these steps. I had my checklist... install camera, connect PoE, activate camera, focus, other settings, name, tags, address, map, etc. It worked well doing one by one with 3-5 cameras each day.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
schasegleason
Here to help

The Meraki Device API does allow you to set the Address and will move the Camera Marker. But all Cameras at the address will be on top of each other. You will need to drag and drop Cameras to specific building locations if that is whats wanted. 

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#/rest/api-endpoints/devices/update-network-device

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.