New camera and new features announced!

Saralyn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

New camera and new features announced!

I'm really excited to see the conversations already happening about our launch announcement earlier this week! In case you missed it, here are the details: 

• MV32: A new 360 degree fisheye camera. Built on the same platform as the rest of the second generation MV family, it has wireless, advanced analytics, with digital pan, tilt, and zoom on live and historical footage.
  • Telescoping Pole Mount: Expandable up to 2300mm to lower the height of the camera in areas with high ceilings. It’s compatible with the MV12 and MV32.
  • Motion Search 2.0: A powerful new detection algorithm that takes advantage of the advanced processing power of the second generation cameras. This offers increased fidelity for small changes, better sensitivity at night, and fewer false positives.
  • Motion Recap: Find what you're looking for without watching video! Motion Recap images are composite images, built in camera, that summarize activity in a single thumbnail. 
I don’t know about you, but I’m having a hard time deciding whether I’m more excited about the new MV32, or Motion Recap. Good thing I don’t have to choose! 

The MV32 and mount will be available for sale starting on May 7th in most regions. The new software features will also be available to all second generation MV models at the same time. What are you most looking forward to getting your hands on? Let us know what you think about the new stuff!

28 REPLIES 28
Cmiller
Building a reputation

Wish i could get my hands on 4 of the MV32. Have a client ready today and their budget closes April 30th. Maybe next year

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

How do we take use of the Motion Search 2.0 or is that auto in a firmware build?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Nick
Head in the Cloud

Oh yes i'm very excited. I'm still waiting to get my hands on an MV72

I'm sure they said its a firmware update coming?

@MeredithW I have been meaning to say - on the camera model page https://meraki.cisco.com/products/security-cameras#models the MV71 and MV72 read their specs in a different order

• IP66 and IK10 rated for the MV71
  • IK10+ and IP67 rated for the MV72

Shouldn't they be matched up?

• IP66 and IK10 rated for the MV71
  • IP67 and IK10+ rated for the MV72

Little thing I know but it appeals to my sense of order 😄 

@NolanHerring Motion Search 2.0 and Motion Recap will be in a firmware update pushed out to all second generation MV cameras.

@Saralyn Thanks for the reply!

May I ask which firmware version (is it out yet?) and I suppose I need to plead ignorance here, which models are gen2 ?

^_^

TwitterLinkedIn

@NolanHerring gen 2 cams are the ones with the "smartphone" chip onboard. Basically all that have a model name ending in 2. They're also the ones that can do "human" or should I say "humanoid" detection.

Thanks Brecht!
TwitterLinkedIn

Thanks for the information. I like at most now on about the cameras, use of the new detection algorithm. This will make a difference. Good work.

@NolanHerring, the new software features will be available on May 7th (which is also when the MV32 will be orderable and shipping). And yes - the second generation cameras are the MV12, MV22, MV32, and MV72. They all have advanced processors, which are enabling the new Motion Search 2.0 algorithm, Motion Recap, and object detection.

Cmiller
Building a reputation

I guess we all wait then, thanks for the update

Thank you for the clarification !
TwitterLinkedIn
Roska
A model citizen

@Saralyn could it be possible to share some images with new MV32 cam and for example a lighter to better understand the actual size of newbie.

Thanks

Priesty
Building a reputation

I am really looking forward to the motion search 2.0 improvements, will this also improve the overall analytics considering it's now smarter?

@Priesty the new Motion Search 2.0 algorithm should improve aspects of the camera that are related to motion. For example, as the new algorithm reduces false positives, it should positively impact storage duration when using motion-based retention. 

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@Saralyn Can't wait for these to drop. I've been waiting for Meraki to come out with these types of cams.

Enthusiast
nuo
Getting noticed

Any chance of facial in-built camera facial recognition? It would be great to have a notification / log : saying - sally just entered the front door / or maybe an option to not be notified when known people enter an area and just notifications on when an unknown person enters. I would be keen to work on this kind of software if there is an opportunity at Meraki?
Priesty
Building a reputation

Wasnt the new motion recap and motion search 2.0 supposed to be available 7th of May?

@Priesty wrote:

Wasnt the new motion recap and motion search 2.0 supposed to be available 7th of May?

I'm going to take a guess and say that it's probably active in the MV 3.30 Beta Firmware?

I upgraded a few of our MV12's to 3.30 yesterday, still no Motion Recap.

There are no beta or RC firmware versions showing in the dashboard for the MV12 either 😞

Priesty
Building a reputation

Same here, have yet to see any updates with motion search 2.0 and motion recap.However, working with Cisco Exec team with some clients I have seen the updates on their dashboard.

@GeorgeB is there a delay with the updates?

Motion Search 2.0 and Motion Recap are slightly delayed and will be coming out later this month. This was primarily to ensure full support of our GDPR feature set for EU customers.

Priesty
Building a reputation

Any updates on this front? @GeorgeB 

The "Restricted Bandwidth Mode for MV" feature announcement in the dashboard mentions this: Motion Recap will be available to all networks at the end of June 2019.

Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce that Motion Recap is now live to all second-generation MV cameras! More information here. On top of that, Motion Alert emails will also now include a Motion Recap image (if restricted bandwidth mode is not enabled). 

Geraldine

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

How about the ability to Chromecast a video wall or stream?

Priesty
Building a reputation

I just tested it and was able to stream google chrome dashboard to a tv. 

was a little laggy however.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Streaming the dashboard via Chrome through a desktop even on wired connection isn't ideal. The best way is to pull the stream directly and enable chromecast functionality, which shouldn't be too hard.

nuo
Getting noticed

Any chance of the new app supporting push notifications / third party script activation?
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.