New Camera - MV32

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

New Camera - MV32

17 REPLIES 17
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm really expecting this new fisheye camera to be a big mover.  Being able to record in every direction at the same time means a lot of existing camera deployments will need far fewer cameras.

Aha, that's the one we saw leaked some time ago!

Yeh this thing is super cool. I was very impressed the first time I saw what it could do. I bet Meraki will sell a ton of these. 

I did hear that for reviewing footage from this camera you can use a VR headset. Not sure if thats compeltely true or not though.

@BlakeRichardson  I think you'll find that since it is a fish eye camera you have the option of using a VR helmet, but that it wont be compulsory.

I haven't used this specific fish eye camera, but I have a fish eye camera I used a lot for doing Google Street View video.  You can look at this using an ordinary screen, and you use your mouse to look around the content - just like on Street View - so I suspect this will be exactly the same.

Here is an example of my local beach so you can see how 360 photos work (both on your "normal" computer and a VR helmet).

Orewa Beach

Yes @BlakeRichardson I've used it in a VR headset and it works great.  I'm not sure how much I'd actually use that feature in normal day to day operations, but I'm speaking to my own typical deployments.  There are certainly use cases where it'll be super useful and it works great, even without a headset, the live and retrospective PTZ are awesome features, as are Motion Recap and Motion Search 2.0.  Looking forward to seeing how the MV32 takes off, this is a game changer.

GuilhermeMacedo
Getting noticed

awesome launch!!!

So not to be a party pooper too much... But the VR is IMO a sales demo and nothing more. It's cool, it'll make people go

image.png

But it'll never be a practical way to review video. You're never going to be working away on your laptop or workstation reviewing a security incident and be all "Hold on, let me get my phone and DayDream headset out so I can see who stole this bike in VR!".

So super cool demo and very impressive, but nothing more than that. 

That's my $0.02 🙂

@jdsilva wrote:

So not to be a party pooper too much... But the VR is IMO a sales demo and nothing more. It's cool, it'll make people go

image.png

But it'll never be a practical way to review video. You're never going to be working away on your laptop or workstation reviewing a security incident and be all "Hold on, let me get my phone and DayDream headset out so I can see who stole this bike in VR!".

That's my $0.02 🙂

tumblr_myyrk2u5AH1r4ljuao3_r1_250.gif

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

@jdsilva wrote:

image.png

That's my $0.02 🙂

🎉💩

@jdsilva you rained on my parade!  Lol.  But that's also what I was eluding to when I said I'm not sure how much I'd use the VR-enablement in normal day-to-day operations.  But this was not developed only for wow-factor or to get people lining up at trade shows for a demo.  You really don't even need a VR headset, it works great just holding your mobile device in your hands and moving around.  So I have seen a use for it other than cool demos, also anxious to see if and how many customers might find interesting ways to use it.

Imms
Conversationalist

Please any news on the orderability of this device? It is not available on CCW using the sku provided in the datasheet (MV32-HW).

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

@Imms wrote:

Please any news on the orderability of this device? It is not available on CCW using the sku provided in the datasheet (MV32-HW).

May 7th.

Correct, now May 7th (previous announcement was May 6 I believe) so regardless very soon!  

Ben
A model citizen

I should receive the MV32 today to have a first look at it.  #overexcited  

Ben
A model citizen

Say hello to my little friend!  (also testing the LTE of the MX68CW) 

90da8285-e87f-4cd6-9d8c-604af2f31eda.jpeg

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@Ben SO PRETTY!!!! 🤩

Enthusiast
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.