Making the camera rotate the correct way

SOLVED
cplatt
Getting noticed

Making the camera rotate the correct way

We have two of the MV21's on a MA-MNT-MV-3 mount that is mounted just below the ceiling on the wall. I am able to rotate the camera downward anyway I would like and right If I was looking at the door which faces the stairwell. For the life of me I can not get these to spin and face the door. I feel like I am missing something simple in moving them, I have read through the instructions and followed the steps. Are these just not movable in this fashion when on the mount? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When I first rotate it, I use both hands on each of the tilt point screw frames. You might try to rotate it the opposite direction of what you've attempted. We just finished a 20+ camera migration and didn't need to loosen any screws besides the tilt screws.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lfischer-gcpl
Here to help

We've encountered some frustration with this. It seems it takes a lot of force to get the camera to rotate for the first time.

Grab by the tilt screw points and apply force to rotate. Maybe others will share if there's a better way.

Yea I just tried that and it wouldn't budge. 

I see screws down below do those need to be loosed or something, I have tried numerous ways this thing will not budge

When I first rotate it, I use both hands on each of the tilt point screw frames. You might try to rotate it the opposite direction of what you've attempted. We just finished a 20+ camera migration and didn't need to loosen any screws besides the tilt screws.

Got it to move finally that did the trick, wow they need to fix that or just give us pan, tilt, zoom. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.