MV22 Blinking Red, Offline

SOLVED
EJN
A model citizen

MV22 Blinking Red, Offline

I have a camera that went offline all of a sudden and now it's blinking red. I tried the following:

1) Reboot on camera

2) Different port on switch

3) Reset button on camera

From the moment I power on the camera it starts blinking red. The camera is also very high temperature.

I submitted a case to support, but wanted to ask here as well.

Thanks,

Esteban

MS gnome and MV gnome were here — they've been safely returned home!MS gnome and MV gnome were here — they've been safely returned home!

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EJN
A model citizen

Support did an RMA and replacement camera arrives this week. Will send damaged camera back to Meraki.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Ironically I can't seem to locate anything documentation wise that would indicate what a 'red LED' means for the camera lol. I would imagine its bricked.

Have you tried removing it from the network and re-adding it?

Also, if its connected to a Meraki switch, run a quick packet capture, or mirror another port and capture it on your computer to see if its sending any data at all.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Just occurred to me, maybe the red you see is actually 'amber'

Solid Amber - MV has an issue and may need replacement.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Physical_Installation/MV22_Installation_Guide

Support is your best option at this point if that is the case, and they will easily RMA it for you.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

It's not solid. It's blinking amber / red. Fast blink and very high temp (uncomfortable to hold). Got update from support and they are doing RMA. I wonder what the cause is, but not going to worry about it unless it happens again.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Self destruct mode?, maybe is saw something it wishes it hadn't......

@BlakeRichardson wrote:

Self destruct mode?, maybe is saw something it wishes it hadn't......

Solution

GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Where and how was the camera deployed?

EJN
A model citizen

Interior, school building, PoE cable from camera to switch. I have about 20 cameras connected to the switch.

Upon cable connection/run, I connected camera and let it go through boot-up sequence, firmware update, SSD formatting, etc. It was working fine for a number of weeks, until this incident. I think the trigger was a power cycle on the switch (switch went off/on).

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

Support did an RMA and replacement camera arrives this week. Will send damaged camera back to Meraki.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.