Loitering Alert with Cameras

czuburg
New here

Loitering Alert with Cameras

I know that the cameras can detect people.  I also know that it is tracking time based on the description of how "Estimated Peak Occupancy" (https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Video_Analytics/MV_People_Detection) works.  Does anyone know if/how to trigger for "Loitering".  In other words, could I be alerted if someone is in view for more than 60 seconds in an area that we don't want loitering such as a parking garage.  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
EJN
A model citizen

I like this idea. Need to consider how to measure “lack of movement”. But I agree with your scenario... alert me if someone is lingering for too long in an area they shouldn’t.
Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

Submit wish list if you haven’t already.

I don’t remember which company it was but I recall a forum that had all the wish list items and people could vote on them. Maybe it was Nest.
Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
TheChad
Here to help

This could be accomplished with MV Sense and corresponding APIs.  

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/mv-sense/#!overview/overview

Stanslas
Here to help

I agree with you. As long as we all know that software can be used to enhance camera usage at home or in production environmet, these cameras can work together with IoT. Manufacturers wants to be monitoring what is happening in certain areas hazardous of heat, chemical reactions, etc where alot of activities are hapening, a camera should also detect a temperature and movement heat.

That is why i suggest Cisco Meraki cameras should be redesigned to conquer advanced security. Basic security is already covered by these other types of camers. Tk make me go buy cisco meraki cameras it must be having other features that cannot be found into other cameras

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.