Integration in VMS systems

SOLVED
JoseCarlosBA
Conversationalist

Integration in VMS systems

Hi, team Meraki..

Meraki security cameras, can they be integrated into any VMS system ?, such as Milestone, Genetec, Digifort, etc.

best regards!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Based on this I'd assume the answer is 'No'

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Other_Topics/MV_Security_Camera_FAQ#Is_there_any_way_to_back_vid...

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Based on this I'd assume the answer is 'No'

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Other_Topics/MV_Security_Camera_FAQ#Is_there_any_way_to_back_vid...

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

No, and I would not expect this to happen anytime soon (if ever). One of the big marketing points on MV is that you don't need a VMS. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
SDSmithers
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Short answer: It depends. Meraki Vision supports RTSP, open API, and MQTT brokers. So if the VMS can be assigned a Meraki camera's RTSP stream you can integrate that video into a third party VMS. The issue with some VMS servers is they apply proprietary policies to prevent "open" integration, forcing customers to buy only the camera models on their "approved" list. So while Meraki cameras can be pointed to many third party VMS systems that support RTSP some of them won't allow that stream to go through and some of them will. One of the main benefits of the Meraki smart camera solution is the elimination of the need of a separate VMS however. Meraki has its own integrated VMS that utilizes Meraki's onboard SSD hard drive built-into each camera to store the video at the edge but which can be viewed anywhere you have internet. This model is much simpler, more cost effective, and easier to scale your video solution to multiple locations than on on-premise server (DVR/NVR) at each location.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.