Functionality Query: Can these cameras send alerts on detecting movement?

apaton002
New here

Functionality Query: Can these cameras send alerts on detecting movement?

We would like to use the cameras in our server room and would like to receive an alert via email or similar when movement is detected by the camera.  Is this functionality currently available?

4 REPLIES 4
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @apaton002

Motion alerts are not currently available. I imagine it is in the works and will be added in the future. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

@WadeAlsup Unfortunately not. The last I read on this is located here: APIs For Meraki Cameras (Update: July 23 2017)

We would love to look at integrating this with our entire client software range if the API had some sort of way to record sections based on sending the camera 'start event recording' and 'end event recording' message. 

Thank you,
Peter James

Lard
Conversationalist

+1 for this functionality - alerting is key with security systems, it's why I'm currently recommending blink camera's for this type of use case...
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

They're definitely working on this functionality. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.