Dark and green video recording concerns

lfischer-gcpl
Here to help

Dark and green video recording concerns

I wanted to check with the community to see if others are having any similar issues.

Since June, I've been working with support on two sporadic issues.

1. MV21 recording gets really dark but not completely black
    Some cameras will randomly get darker during the middle of the day. The issue is generally resolved with a reboot of the device.
  2. MV12s go green; usually bottom half of video
    Bottom half of video will go green, flickering on and off. People through a scene may leave large swaths of a pixelated trail of different colors and blocks.

I'm now compulsively checking cameras over 5 networks at least weekly to ensure they're not suffering these issues.

Have others experienced anything like this? Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Have not come across this with any of my deployments.  Sound like it's been lingering, has support escalated to engineering?  I'm assuming they've already tried upgrading and/or downgrading firmware versions and the issue persisted?  The half-green is happening across random MV12 cameras, or sporadically on just a subset or couple of the cameras?  If this is isolated to just a camera or two, across multiple firmwares, an RMA is probably in order.  I realize it's happening in the middle of the day on production cameras, but if you can live without the bottom half of the video footage for a short while before rebooting the camera(s) I'd suggest having support get a developer to examine the issue if/when it's happening in real time.

Thanks for the response. Support has indicated that the development team is looking at the issue. They have tried upgrading and downgrading firmware versions and the issue has persisted.

The half-green MV12 issues seem less sporadic and we only have them at one site. I haven't narrowed down if it's a subset or a couple of cameras.

I suppose I find it somewhat encouraging that others on the forum haven't encountered similar issues.

I am having the same issue as stated below.

Some cameras will randomly get darker during the middle of the day. The issue is generally resolved with a reboot of the device.

Before today I could reboot the device as well to fix the issue.  I was told by support that it may be a LUX issue and that I should try reducing from the default 3.00 to around 1.95.  I would do that and reboot and all was well.  So after last weekend a few cameras at a school came up dark on Monday.  I have tried rebooting the cameras and doing the procedure i was told to do but for some reason when I press "reboot" it does not appear to be rebooting the camera.  Before it would take a couple of minutes, now when I hit reboot it spins for a couple of seconds and is back up.  I can't imagine the cameras are now only taking a couple of seconds to reboot. I have opened a new ticket with support but no response yet.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Is there any type of lighting near camera? Also cover camera with hand and/or napkin see if lights/nightmode go in and out. Also try moving camera if possible to a different location by chance.

Enthusiast
Karl_Jacobsen
Getting noticed

I have this issue as well. I've had two MV71 cameras that just run dark, almost like when you're wearing sunglasses on a sunny day. A reboot of the camera fixes the issue. To date they've only done it once per camera. I've upgraded to newer firmware with no luck.

NormanYoung
New here

Hey. thank you for advices

Nikhil_Dev
New here

Nikhil_Dev
New here

Yes this is very common problem we are facing now days , cameras are 2 days old but still the same issue is happening. 

I still get cameras with dark, washed out video or green video a couple times a month regardless of firmware version. The issue continues to be sporadic and I've just resorted to reboots.

As for the random rebooting, I haven't encountered this before. Have you tried resetting the camera(s) yet?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.