Can I paint the MV71 housing?

SOLVED
SamuelS
Conversationalist

Can I paint the MV71 housing?

Will I affect warranty on my camera by painting the housing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MerakiJockey505
Building a reputation

Because paint has the potential to damage the units, painting does void the Cisco Merak warranty.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MerakiJockey505
Building a reputation

Because paint has the potential to damage the units, painting does void the Cisco Merak warranty.

GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Painting the camera invalidates the warranty as it changes the way the device deals with heating caused by sunlight. Even if you don't want to keep the camera warranty, painting a camera black and then using it in a sunny environment will cause it to run much hotter. This could lead to early failure of the hardware.

SamuelS
Conversationalist

Thanks, @GeorgeB and @MerakiJockey505

NFL0NR
Getting noticed

What about like a vinyl wrap?

MerakiJockey505
Building a reputation

@NFL0NRit seems like heat would still be the issue.  If you were looking to disguise or hide an indoor camera I would think some really light porous foam or mesh would be the only thing to not trap heat around the unit.  As far as outdoor cameras go I don't think there is much that wouldn't effect the temperature of the unit.

Yeah I'm just trying to throw out a suggestion.. 

MerakiJockey505
Building a reputation

@NFL0NRI hear ya, didn't mean to discourage the suggestion.  I'd love to throw an MV71 under a giant Vikings helmet Fathead in our server room if I could 😉

ROFL!!!  Trying to make them choke? 😉

MerakiJockey505
Building a reputation

@NFL0NRhaha sorry, saw the GB logo and couldn't resist.  I'm definitely a Vikings fan but to be fair they need all the help they can get, hidden cameras included lol.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.