Anyone else ever get this?

SOLVED
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Anyone else ever get this?

Just more of a curiosity question. It started around 8 this morning when my cameras got this.

Capture.PNG

Now I know this isn't fw rules because this just started happening today and I tried to reboot the cameras to see if it was a false positive but they keep coming up this way. Any thoughts?

Enthusiast
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DonAnnett
Getting noticed

All my cameras are green, so i don't suspect its a wide-spread issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DonAnnett
Getting noticed

All my cameras are green, so i don't suspect its a wide-spread issue.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@DonAnnett weird that at 1:21pm everything went green.

Enthusiast
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You might find that just one shard was affected.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

We've been seeing issues for the last week across our Organisations with devices reporting connective issues or bad DNS to Dashboard.

Oddly changing from Umbrella to Google resolved the DNS issues, but the bad connection to Dashboard persists on and off
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Oddly changing from Umbrella to Google resolved the DNS issues, but the bad connection to Dashboard persists on and off

I have seen this before for customer using the free version of Umbrella (basically when you just use the OpenDNS servers).  The more users and kit they have the more likely it is to happen.

My personal guess is Umbrella implements a rate limit for free users and when you exceed that they block you for 60s or so.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Thats not a bad theory - we'd surmised it might be some sort of rate limiter. Not the best idea for Meraki to have it as a predefined option in my opinion. The internal staff keep changing to Umbrella then causing panic 🤪
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.