Noob question about multiple customers

SOLVED
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Noob question about multiple customers

It's possible this question has been asked multiple times but the search function does not yield the answers I'm looking for.

So we have alot of regular Meraki customers and we co-manage them all through our MSP portal.

However we also have alot of small customers who are a bit cheap and have with Aruba switching at this time.

Since Meraki go does not have a required subscription license anymore I see an opportunity to upgrade some of these customers to a more managed solution 🙂

My questions are about the management of these devices:
- Can you have multiple accounts managing the same network?

- If not can you easily switch accounts on the app to manage another network?  So you basically setup an account both we and the customer has the credentials for.

And another one about the security appliance and switches:

- The datasheet says the switches have multiple VLANs possible, but what about the security appliance can you create several VLANs on the inside?

And final one:
- What are the main restrictions on these GO devices if you compare those to the regular Meraki solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@GIdenJoe - with the new 2.5.0 release in the app and play stores you now can have multiple accounts managing the same network and easily switch accounts in the app to manage another network. Shared-admin Management is the new feature you will use to execute this.

Regarding VLANs, we just released VLAN configurability on the SSID, more coming around increased VLAN configurability but currently, no you cannot create a VLAN on the GX.

There are many differentiators between the Go solution and the dashboard ENT solution.

Key differences:

- Mobile-app cloud management platform vs URL based dashboard cloud management platform.

- ENT will scale as large as you need vs Go allowing as many switch ports as you need and up to 20qty APs but only 1qty GX in a network before you're needing to have the dashboard conversation.

- Go does not support site-to-site connectivity like dashboard.

- Go does not support APIs for customizations or integrations as the dashboard is so perfectly built to accommodate.

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Roska
A model citizen

I believe you need to wait until Jan 2020 to get your questions answered...

If you haven´t yet seen this please check the partners section. Document is quite old as you can see but anyway that is all we´ve got. I would like to have a GO vs rest of the market document.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Partner-Resources/Meraki-Go-Battlecard/ba-p/26682

COT
Conversationalist

I am in a similar position and feel the GO is not a good fit for a MSP model or consultant who has ongoing management of their clients. Based on the App setup, these are designed to be deployed by the end user or a consultant using the end users phone? The management of these devices walks away with the phone, how does a consultant support this client? The phone is on vacation with its owner, now what?!!

I know, set it up on your own phone, if you have the credentials... but now you need to keep logging in and out of multiple clients on your phone. Don't mean to bash this product but I think this App approach and no MSP portal is a showstopper. Everything moving forward should have the ability to be managed from a webpage and have the option to connect to a MSP portal.

JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@GIdenJoe - with the new 2.5.0 release in the app and play stores you now can have multiple accounts managing the same network and easily switch accounts in the app to manage another network. Shared-admin Management is the new feature you will use to execute this.

Regarding VLANs, we just released VLAN configurability on the SSID, more coming around increased VLAN configurability but currently, no you cannot create a VLAN on the GX.

There are many differentiators between the Go solution and the dashboard ENT solution.

Key differences:

- Mobile-app cloud management platform vs URL based dashboard cloud management platform.

- ENT will scale as large as you need vs Go allowing as many switch ports as you need and up to 20qty APs but only 1qty GX in a network before you're needing to have the dashboard conversation.

- Go does not support site-to-site connectivity like dashboard.

- Go does not support APIs for customizations or integrations as the dashboard is so perfectly built to accommodate.

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki