Why am I forced to listen to the same pre-recorded message every 30 seconds (not an exaggeration)

CraigCummings
Getting noticed

Why am I forced to listen to the same pre-recorded message every 30 seconds (not an exaggeration)

Why am I forced to listen to the same pre-recorded message every 30 seconds (this is not an exaggeration) when waiting on hold for (going on 27 mins now), interspersed with the same 4 bars of the same song.   Are you trying to get rid of me?  Do you want me to get fed up and hang up?  Do you not care AT ALL about the customer experience?  It feels very passive-aggressive.  

Also, what's up the obnoxious English accent when I'm first informed that I'm going to be placed in a queue.  Is that supposed to make me feel better about being queued?  Your an American company headquartered in San Francisco?  Do you think using a recording with an English accent makes you sound fancier?  It doesn't.  It's just obnoxious.  

9 REPLIES 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can see you had a pretty crap day.

I don't recall getting the "UK" English accent when calling in (just tried again now).  Their are call centres located around the world (in a follow the sun model).  Perhaps different call centres are recorded in their local accent.  Perhaps when you called in you didn't get a US call centre (perhaps they were closed or transitioning to the next call centre following the sun).

Hard to say without calling at all different times of the day and night.

Just as you may feel the UK accent is obnoxious, others from different countries might feel the same about the US and Australian accents.

In a global operating model their needs to be a degree of tolerance and understanding for other people that don't sound like you.  Actually forget the global model - their just needs to be tollerance and understanding - even if the person is standing beside you.

I hope you day improved and you eventually managed to get some resolution to the issue you were facing.

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

@CraigCummings 

In your terms, any accent is obnoxious, or do you have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Poms?

Your comment is outrageous and racist. More Active-Aggressive than Passive.

FYI - I'm a former San Francisco resident, a Son of Cincinnatus, and enjoying retirement in the UK. As my Twitter profile says, "I'm Undead, I'm not Unreasonable".

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

We all have customer support stories and usually these issues happen when you are under pressure to get a fix. 

I think OP was stressed / angry at the time of writing this, I usually avoid writing anything online when I'm angry as the internet doesn't have a delete button. 

Priesty
Building a reputation

This has to be a stitch-up or competitors having a laugh - so good one mate, made me have a chuckle.

In saying that, as an Australian I personally believe my accent is more "fancy" than that of the Britts - then again you could argue both our accents are pretty rough, unless you speak Cockney English - then thats just awesome and trumps every other language.

You are insane an' need 'o 'ave your loaf of bread checked!

pjc
A model citizen

" unless you speak Cockney English - then thats just awesome and trumps every other language. "

You better Adam and Eve it !

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey crew, I hear you loud and clear, and I have made this complaint myself internally in the past, and it's maddening to listen to and frustrating that it has not been updated yet.  I will take this as an action item and raise this internally once again.

Perhaps you should make a wish.  Oh, wait..lol. 

@MerakiDave "I will take this as an action item and raise this internally once again."  I take it they ignored you the same way they ignore us?  6 months later, still listening to the same monotonous hold music on like a 15 second loop. WTF? 

Thanks for the reminder @CraigCummings I will look into it (again) and make some noise (again).  When I brought this up last time, a few of my colleagues chimed in to reinforce, so I'll round them up and we'll make another push to get the MoH situation improved.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.