Was this article helpful?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Was this article helpful?

I was thinking about using the "Was this article helpful?" link at the bottom of all Meraki documentation articles each time I link to them, so you can see which ones are most popular.

However the Yes/No links don't seem to do anything, or if they do, they don't seem to provide any feedback that anything has happened.

A job for @CameronMoody ?

PhilipDAth_0-1608578037260.png

3 REPLIES 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

😀YES 

CameronMoody
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @PhilipDAth ,

I personally use and appreciate the feedback on "Was this article helpful?" responses, and I share this information with our support teams to help inform decisions about what kind of content is useful, and what needs improvements.

But as you pointed out, that information isn't available to users like yourself. And when you click it, it doesn't do much to let you know your vote has been counted. I'm not sure I can solve the former, but the latter would be good to fix.

We do have a "most popular articles" list in most directories now, which is new, though it's not a site-wide view. I would be happy to share some insight into which articles see the most votes from the "was this article helpful" feedback buttons, and which articles see the most pageviews, but that would be a snapshot rather than a dashboard you could continuously refer to.

Out of curiosity, what would you like to use that information for? I'm wondering if there's a way I can help, depending what your goal is.

As another note, I think the binary information of "Was this article helpful, yes/no" is useful, but I'm looking into ways I can expand this to directly solicit user requests for new content and articles - rather than just doing that internally.

Cameron Moody | Product Manager, Cisco Meraki

>Out of curiosity, what would you like to use that information for? I'm wondering if there's a way I can help, depending what your goal is.

I don't want the information.  I just want to feel if I click on it that it actually works.  At the moment, the web page gives zero feedback.  The UI looks exactly the same both before and after you click on it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.