Using Meraki MX in Barcalona

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Using Meraki MX in Barcalona

Hi there team,

I have a client in Barcelona (I am in the UK) who has a business DSL from Movistar with one of their cr!@£$$ routers which it appears that their fibre terminates on.

They are having problems with thsi router and would either like to by-pass it or replace it.

Is there anyone here that either knows what needs / can be done or can tell me that I am wasting my time and just put up with it !!!

TIA

Gary

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
2 REPLIES 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi Gary

You say business DSL. Do you mean ADSL or VDSL?  If so Meraki MX units do not support ADSL or VDSL connections. 

The reason I ask is you mentioned DSL but you have also mentioned fibre. 

Blake,

Thanks - thats my point that the MX does not have a xDSL modem in it therefore in this case, where I have a vDSL fibre connection from Movistar I have to have a vDSL fibre modem ( see image) that I would like to replace with a bridge so that I can do the PPPoE authentication on the MX2bfdc49b-1073-4fe2-99b2-dae7e9236fd0.jpg

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.