Simply Smart

Netwow
Building a reputation

Simply Smart

I used to say that Meraki was making me stupid. It was a joke and of course meant as no insult to this company who has afforded me the opportunity to truly work anywhere in the world. Not only that, but the stupidity that I was achieving (point and click networking with smarthands that don't have to be smart)has actually increased my level of networking expertise. Too many times in this industry have I run across those who say they are Network Gods. I have even been guilty of this mentality a time or two. The truth is with the Meraki Dashboard, network admins can learn more than the knowledge they lose from CLI interfaces and console adapters and spending your entire day in a freezing Network room deprived of coffee. Rather than focusing on learning the proper CLI commands, we can spend our time exploring networks and how to improve them. Tool tips are awesome, providing explanations on the outcome of what happens after the click.

Just want to say thanks Meraki for making me SIMPLY smarter.

4 REPLIES 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@Netwow It has made a big change in my career as well. You're right in that with this "SIMPLICITY" we can concentrate more on networks and how to improve it. Also that Meraki itself as a company are great people who do what they can to make your Meraki experience a fun one. 

Enthusiast
Netwow
Building a reputation

Couldn't agree more. I have always prided myself on being vendor agnostic but I have drank too much of the Meraki Koolaid now and I am hooked. 

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

green-kool-aidman.jpg

Enthusiast

I find it make my job easier and more effiecient, I don't feel it reduces my level of intelligance, if anything picking Meraki in the places I use it shows more intelligance. 

For example. You have 30 difference L2 network switches, Lets say you have ports on every switch set as untagged VLAN 10 and Nothing else, something chnages on your network design and these ports also need to be tagged with VLAN 11. With the old method you would have to log into each switch one by one and make the changes.

BUT because you have Meraki gear and your smart you created a TAG and set this up on all of the ports when your originally configured them so all you have to do is search for that TAG and edit all of the ports in one go......

I call that SMART!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.