Meraki Insight

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Insight

When is Meraki Insight being released, and when can get get access to the pricing?

6 REPLIES 6
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Looks interesting, I hadn't even heard of it yet.  So seems to say "new Meraki Insight license".  So I guess they are adding another add-on or option to these? https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Cisco_Meraki_Licensing_Guidelines...

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Reply I got from our rep "Meraki will have a launch in Mid March for Insight."

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I don't believe the license will be tied to the MX but will be separate as this is a separate product that uses MXen for gathering data (at least in the initial version). 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Correct, the product is being marketed as something that can be used with non MXs as well.  Sounds like they are going to sell it based on bandwidth.  So, for example, a 250M license which would be the equivalent of a MX64 will likely retail at around like $400/yr.  I'm sure none of the info above is solid yet though until we get it in full release.  At those estimated price points I look forward to doing a demo of it and possibly purchasing. 

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

The first piece of documentation has been published: https://documentation.meraki.com/Meraki_Insight/Application_Analytics

Note that MX 14.20 is required (I assume this is a requirement for the GA version and not beta...). 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Followup to the firmware requirement: The MX250/450 platform needs to be on MX 14.24 at a minimum for Insight to function properly. Earlier versions on the 250/450 platform while using Insight might result in unexpected reboots. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.