[ask] unclaim devices

SOLVED
luthfigibrani
Here to help

[ask] unclaim devices

Hi All,

Can meraki device to be unclaimed without login to previous organization?

The condition is, if we want to add new license for used device but dont know where organization the device registered.

Is there a way to reclaim the device?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A piece of advice, don't try to ask support to unclaim this for you. I've tried and they can't do that, but you can ask them which organization the equipment is on.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nope, you need to have access on the organization or ask for someone to unclaimed it for you.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A piece of advice, don't try to ask support to unclaim this for you. I've tried and they can't do that, but you can ask them which organization the equipment is on.

Support can unclaim the device if you can provide proof of purchase I Believe.

I'm a Cisco partner and I've asked them a few times, and they've always denied saying they're not authorized to do that. But the name of the organization itself they inform.

Hmm I've heard it's possible but maybe through legal rather than support channel. 

Thank you verymuch for your answer

KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Unfortunately, support cannot unregister the device for you. 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

Thank you very much for your answer

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.