are there any plans for Meraki compatible with Ring or Hive in the future?

SOLVED
Reza1
Conversationalist

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DerekR
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Reza1

There are currently no plans on allowing integration of 3rd party products into the Meraki dashboard.

If part of your setup includes second generation MV cameras you could use RTSP to send the video elsewhere.

For example, it appears Home Assistant has integrations for both Hive and Ring. So you could possibly access video from all three there with some configuration. 

Please be aware of the caveats associated with RTSP footage from the MV cameras.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What doesn't work at the moment?

Reza1
Conversationalist

thanks for reply

I will be setting up Meraki , at home , and wanted to see if i could get my existing HIVE and Ring to the mix .

by the way , new to Meraki and getting ready for my CMNA 

DerekR
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Reza1

There are currently no plans on allowing integration of 3rd party products into the Meraki dashboard.

If part of your setup includes second generation MV cameras you could use RTSP to send the video elsewhere.

For example, it appears Home Assistant has integrations for both Hive and Ring. So you could possibly access video from all three there with some configuration. 

Please be aware of the caveats associated with RTSP footage from the MV cameras.

Reza1
Conversationalist

thank you Derek 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DerekR one of the caveats is that the stream will only work locally, does this mean a routable local network or only the same subnet?

DerekR
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It will work over the routable local network. 

For example, I have a S2S VPN to a location with MVs and it connects "locally" over that VPN.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.