MX250 FW upgrade best practice

Solved
N3W2CiscoN8
Conversationalist

MX250 FW upgrade best practice

Hi All.  I'm new to Cisco/Meraki so please go easy on me.  I have a Meraki MX250 on firmware version 16.16.  I need to upgrade to at least 17.6 to support Cisco VPN Client AnyConnect.  What is the a best practice when doing the firmware upgrade?  I can see in the Organization->Firmware upgrades->all networks->Scheduled upgrade the FW can be scheduled and go either 16.16.5 or straight to 17.9.  However I also see release notes for everything in between those listed versions with nowhere to find downloads for those versions.  Do these MX250 FW need to be upgraded using a step process?  Meaning going from 16.16 to 16.16.5....all the way to 17.9 or going straight from 16.16 to 17.9 is fine?

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AnyConnect works just fine in 16.16.  No need to upgrade if that is the only thing you need.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@N3W2CiscoN8You can go straight to 17.6, the dashboard will only ever show the accepted upgrade path. If you find problems with 17.6 you can also rollback the firmware. 

Thank you

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AnyConnect works just fine in 16.16.  No need to upgrade if that is the only thing you need.

Thank you.  I got it to work with out upgrading the FW.  No Im having problems connecting to the internet went anyconnect is connected.  Any suggestions on what to look for?  I'm suspecting a firewall or routing issue

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.