MT Sensors external signal input

SOLVED
Kautz
Conversationalist

MT Sensors external signal input

Hello,

I would like to know if any of MT sensors have some kind of external input connector? For example I have different system and I would like to send events to Meraki through MT sensor as they will be near each another. 

I did not find any way in the documentation. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kautz,

Meraki does not support any external/non-Meraki sensors in the dashboard. If you would like the ability for people counting and motion detection these features can be found in our MV product line. Smart Cameras | Enterprise Cloud-Based Security Camera System | Cisco Meraki

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi, I'm a little confused by your question. The Meraki sensors do not have external inputs, they use bluetooth to either connect to an MR or a MV. You can view the events on your dashboard or setup alerts to send a text message. 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Kautz
Conversationalist

Hi. Maybe this would be a nice feature to triger these events externaly. Like the MT30 button pres event, but the event is triggered e.g. with some external connection to MT30. Do you understand now?

KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Thaks for the clarification. The best way to make this request is at the bottom right hand corner of the dashboard there is a button that says "Give your Feedback." 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you give a specific example?

Kautz
Conversationalist

As MT does not have motion sensor I have different system for motion detection and people count. And I am interested in connecting output data to Meraki dahboard. My first idea was to "misuse" MT20 and and simply simulate event when someone pases the sensor. But I am interested in more sophisticated methos since I am probably not aware of all Meraki capabilities. 

Hi Kautz,

Meraki does not support any external/non-Meraki sensors in the dashboard. If you would like the ability for people counting and motion detection these features can be found in our MV product line. Smart Cameras | Enterprise Cloud-Based Security Camera System | Cisco Meraki

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.