MR-46 HW not able to access Local status Page

SOLVED
Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

MR-46 HW not able to access Local status Page

I have a problem, a client does not have a dhcp server in the network and I need to configure an ap Meraki, I want to put static ip in the MR46 HW ap according to the guide: 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

But I can not log in, the team is using a switch POE.

I try to enter the ip: 10.128.128.126 and my laptop has the ip: 10.128.128.125/24

Any suggestions or recommendations

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

Issue resolved, by setup a L3 Switch with DHCP
setup a L2 Switch with access port for the DHCP Vlan
With the above setup I was able to access the AP's local status page in order to configure a Static IP, SSID broadcast with name "Bad-Meraki".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If a Meraki Access Point does not have a configuration from the Meraki Cloud Controller it will instead broadcast a default SSID of "Meraki-Scanning." The AP takes an address of 10.128.128.128, the SSID runs DHCP, and it will try to assign any clients that associate with it an address. This is merely to provide a connection between a client and the AP to allow for local configuration.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I'm sorry for the question, but why don't you setup a portable DHCP server on your machine?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

Issue resolved, by setup a L3 Switch with DHCP
setup a L2 Switch with access port for the DHCP Vlan
With the above setup I was able to access the AP's local status page in order to configure a Static IP, SSID broadcast with name "Bad-Meraki".

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.