LIcense Purchase After End-of-Sale Date?

Solved
Roskaju
Here to help

LIcense Purchase After End-of-Sale Date?

Hello everyone!

Our company is using MR33 (about 30 of it installed separately in some of the branch offices) and as we all know, the end-of-sale for the model will be this month.
The licenses for these devices (which btw is Co-Termination Model) will expire on 2024.
My question is, will I still be able to purchase a new license(s) for these devices long after the EOS has passed? As to say, a year before the current license(s) expires (sometime 2023)?

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AP licenses are not related to a ap model so you can keep buying them. You get support as long as the device is not end of support.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AP licenses are not related to a ap model so you can keep buying them. You get support as long as the device is not end of support.

Roskaju
Here to help

Thank you for the reply!
I just hope the vendor will say the same thing once I get to talk to them this week.
I'll be back to report the outcome.

Cheers!

Roskaju
Here to help

The vendor also said the exact same thing. Thanks!!

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS and MX are the only hardware that requires specific model based licensing.  MR, MV and MT all use a generic license. 

Thanks for the reply!
Actually we also use MX64 and we were are being forced to buy a new license already before the end-of-sale comes, which is at the end of this month, even though the current license will expire February next year.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MX use model based licensing so that doesn't surprise me whereas MR is a generic license that can be used across all models. 

Make sure you by the correct MX license term that will get you through until you next replace the device. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.