Cellular MX / LTE Backup Speeds and Meraki Settings and Script

SOLVED
AshP
Here to help

Cellular MX / LTE Backup Speeds and Meraki Settings and Script

Hey, Could the LTE failover speed be affected by any settings in Meraki at all or is it completely dependent upon the SIM/Service etc?

Configuration is on WAN2 and I assume Meraki support needs to be contacted to run a script but unsure the exact term for it? Are there any LTE backup related general or known issues or fixes?

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Ash,

Please take a look at the following KB for details on how failover works. 3G/4G Cellular Failover with USB Modems - Cisco Meraki. If you are seeing a specific issue with the backup not coming up quickly you may want to contact support and have the support team take a look at your configuration. 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Ash,

Please take a look at the following KB for details on how failover works. 3G/4G Cellular Failover with USB Modems - Cisco Meraki. If you are seeing a specific issue with the backup not coming up quickly you may want to contact support and have the support team take a look at your configuration. 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
AshP
Here to help

Thank you Kathleen 🙂

[ I clarified a bit further on WAN2 failover and requesting running a script?...

That, soon as Port 2 is set as WAN 2 for LTE failover - it will work. However, Meraki is contacted to ensure all the firewall rules and settings are correctly configured. Hope this is correct as well ]

KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Ash,

Sorry I missed your message. Yes, this is correct, is everything working as expected for you?

Kathleen

Yes, thank you Kathleen!

Happy Holidays 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.