Can I use Wireguard with Meraki VPN?

Solved
tallariel
Comes here often

Can I use Wireguard with Meraki VPN?

I'm using Meraki VPN on macOS, and was wondering if I could use through Wireguard instead? 

1 Accepted Solution
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is the Gateway you want to connect to? The MX? Then it won’t work. If any other Wireguard server? Then you should ask the operator of that device.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can, I have clients that use pfSense VPN, you will probably need to create a NAT for the server, because I believe that you will not configure a public IP directly on the server, correct ?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks for the response, glad to know it's possible. Could you please let me know what are the steps to get that done or where I can look them up? 

I have no experience with Wire guard, but you can Google it.

Something like (Wireguard VPN Client  to site setup)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of google before. 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just to make sure you don't get this wrong. You can set up a Wireguard server in your network and do a port-forward on the MX to that server. But the MX itself will not run a Wireguard server. There we only have the legacy L2TP/IPsec and the support for AnyConnect (now Cisco Secure Client).

@KarstenII'm assuming he knows that.

I would not assume this as the question was for "Wireguard with Meraki VPN". I think he wants to use Wireguard *on* the MX. @tallariel Can you clarify this?

@Karsten I don't have access to the MX, so I would like to know if and how I could set that up client-side (i.e. on my macOS machine)?

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is the Gateway you want to connect to? The MX? Then it won’t work. If any other Wireguard server? Then you should ask the operator of that device.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.