Accessing Meraki API using Azure Data Factory Rest API

bainese
Here to help

Accessing Meraki API using Azure Data Factory Rest API

Hello,

I am attempting to access the Meraki API using Rest linked service, Rest Dataset, and Copy activity within Azure Data Factory.

I receive no errors, but the response is empty.    Any suggestions?

bainese_0-1632421023857.png

7 REPLIES 7
KyleS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @bainese!

From what I understand, Azure Data Factory is a way to create workflows based on different data sources, and you are working on using the Meraki API as one of these sources?

If that sounds accurate, could you provide some more details around which API call you are making to Meraki?

If we start simple and use a service like Postman to test, are you able to get the API call results you are expecting?

Thanks!

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If it solved your problem click "Accept as solution" so that others can benefit.

Hello Kyle,

Yes - I want to parse the results from various Meraki endpoints and load the output to tables for aggregated reporting.

Even just getting started with GET /organizations returns an empty response string from within data factory.

I can definitely use Postman (while connected to my company network) to test the API calls and return results for my organization, but from within Azure all I get is an empty string.

When using Azure Databricks, I seem to get an OK response from the API, but the response string is empty:

bainese_1-1632502858035.png

Thank you for any help, direction you can give.

KyleS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Thanks for the context!

I tested the same call and syntax using the meraki python library, and it seems to be working as expected on my end.

I think the next step would be to make the same call using Postman or another method (outside of Azure) to isolate where the issue might be occurring.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If it solved your problem click "Accept as solution" so that others can benefit.
KyleS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @bainese,

Just wanted to bump the thread to see if you were able to test any of those alternative methods.

Let me know if you were able to find anything!

Hello Kyle,

I can receive responses using both Postman and PyCharm with no issue.

In databricks, I continue to receive an empty string:

bainese_1-1633358469082.png

via PyCharm:

bainese_2-1633358669516.png

@KyleS 

Got some additional error msgs - any suggestions?

{

"statusCode": 302,

"headers": {

"Transfer-Encoding": "chunked",

"Connection": "keep-alive",

"Pragma": "no-cache",

"X-Frame-Options": "sameorigin",

"X-Robots-Tag": "none",

"X-UA-Compatible": "IE=Edge,chrome=1",

"X-Request-Id": "3c483fcb10c5fb51f148027aabc2c1f8",

"X-Runtime": "0.028185",

"Strict-Transport-Security": "max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains",

"X-XSS-Protection": "1; mode=block",

"Cache-Control": "no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, max-age=0",

"Date": "Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:16:14 GMT",

"Location": "https://n433.meraki.com/api/v1/organizations",

"Server": "nginx/1.21.3",

"Content-Type": "text/html; charset=utf-8",

"Expires": "Fri, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT",

"Content-Length": "110"

},

"body": "<html><body>You are being <a href=\"https://n433.meraki.com/api/v1/organizations\">redirected

}

KyleS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Thanks for the additional info @bainese !

This may require some additional troubleshooting by Meraki Support to verify some things on the Meraki end.

I'll be DMing you shortly to help get that rolling, so keep an eye out.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.