Trouble connecting HP 9050 MFP

SOLVED
WeDontWaste
Here to help

Trouble connecting HP 9050 MFP

Just as the title states.  The printer is connected to the LAN directly to the MX68, not the switch.  It is on the same Vlan as the devices I am trying to print from (same subnet) (I am able to access other devices connected directly to the MX on the same Vlan).  Newer, wireless printers work fine.  The printer is configured with DHCP and has an address in the subnet.  I can even see it on the Cloud overview that it is not only connected but it Pings through Cisco's software (when you go in and look at the device details.  I cannot ping it locally from my laptop though.  I cannot ping it locally from any device, Windows or Mac.  If I reconnect the printer to the old network (Apple airport extreme only) it works fine.  Is it a port issue that I can't seem to find?  Thank you for the assistance!!

EDIT:  Windows and Apple Printer setup/config pages are not able to access the printer.  I have even installed the correct printer manually in my Windows device (the completely correct driver) and it does not work still.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just so there is a solution here.  There is a setting under the SSID to allow Wifi Devices talk to LAN devices.  The wifi devices were not allowed to talk to wired and there are very few wired clients, most of which are on different vlans.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the printer have any IP filters enabled on it? 

If you plug into the printer directly can you access it? (you might need to setup a local DHCP serivce to do this.)

No IP filters on the printer.  Yes, setting both the printer address and setting my address then directly connecting from my laptops ethernet port to the jetdirect ethernet port on the printer, it works fine.  What is default on the Cisco network that would prevent the communication?  Thank you!

Just so there is a solution here.  There is a setting under the SSID to allow Wifi Devices talk to LAN devices.  The wifi devices were not allowed to talk to wired and there are very few wired clients, most of which are on different vlans.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.