WIFI calling

RyanH
New here

WIFI calling

Hello,

I recently installed my test stack of meraki gear and I cant seem to get WIFI calling to work on my mobile devices.  All devices (mobile phones, laptops, TVs, tablets, IoT devices, etc) are connected to the meraki WIFI SSID successfully.

WIFI calling was working fine when using the WIFI directly through my ISP cable modem.  But I cannot get it to work with the meraki in place.

I am using an MX64 appliance, MS120 switch, and MR33 AP.  I am basically using default settings at this point and havent enabled any traffic shaping, filters, ACLs, etc.

I honestly do not know the technical side of how WIFI calling works on mobile devices.  I am assuming it is SIP traffic but do not know much else regarding WIFI calls.

Any help or tips is appreciated.  Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

does it work from a device connected to the switch?

ap in bridge mode?

you running a pbx or cloud hosted?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried rebooting your phone ? 

Dudleydogg
A model citizen

Mine has been working for Years with out issues, Now all the sudden on my Main SSID which is on Native Vlan I no longer have wifi calling, IF I switch to a SSID on another Vlan I can get it to pop in. For the life of me I don't know what changed but it no longer works. I might have to move my entire wireless over to another Vlan just to enable wifi calling again but I would rather figure out what went wrong. IF any one else has any experience with this would love some advise. Thanks
ScottN
New here

I recently had to setup my WiFi to properly handle WiFi calling and this is what I found to help me with it.  So far my calls are clear and I haven't had any user complaints.  I didn't do the pre-survey portion of it because I inherited an environment that this was already done to.  I followed the steps for configuring the SSID and Traffic Shaping and that got it working for me.

Hope this helps!

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

RogerGill
New here

good day. good questions good answers

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.